Fly Fishing Forum banner

Empty rivers

3K views 16 replies 9 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
Well I did my annual visit to the N/Fork of the Stilly. I took waterspirte with me. I guess he likes the cold water as he took his annual bath. I wasn't with him as it looked to deep for me but he tried to cross below Fortson and lost his footing.

Oh, the fishing sucked as usual. But the weather was very fine. Jim S.

#3 ·
Well right now the Stilly is about 2ft higher than usual and if you stood on the bridge all you would see is muddy water in Deer Creek.

It doesn't really clear up until you get to about C.Post road.

This is the first year that I have seen this much water in it. Like in that hole below Fortson. The picnic table hole, that big rock on the access side is usually out of the water. This time it was under the water so you can judge from that how high it is.

Well this is sort of a report. Watersprite is fine but I think he will watch wher he puts his big feet from now on. Jim S.

#5 ·
What's wrong. Don't you two get along. I thought that this was a site where you could voice your opinion and not get in trouble if you kept it clean.

Maybe I stuck my nose where it shouldn't be but then thats just me. What you need on this site is a icon smiley face with a frown and a thumbs down gesture.

:razz: :devil:

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
Least I forget -

Contrary to what the Old Man has stated, I do watch where I step.

Juro,

I never once stated, nor inferred, that you were ****. A petulant child - yeah, I stated such on one occasion. Ethically challenged - absolutely! A pathetic despot - yeah, one could believe as much by implied reference. Still I didn't call you a ****.

Admin,

Please remove me from your membership listing. I have better things to do than continue such foolishness with those unable to see beyond their own self interests.

Steven Russell

this post edited by moderator 6-13-02

#12 ·
watersprite

Admin,

Please remove me from your membership listing. I have better things to do than continue such foolishness with those unable to see beyond their own self interests.
Sorry, but I have no idea where you came with this comment. I tried to find where people were pushing their self-interests on you, but I couldn't find squat.

If your gonna go, then go... but it would be a shame to lose a board member over a discussion...

#13 · (Edited)
"Stone," I agree with your thought.

"WS" has had some very insitefull (sp?) thoughts on the board, but, perhaps, just perhaps, a 'chill pill' on occation, before hitting the key board would be of value. But then, we all could use one on occation. I'd be less than honest if I didn't admit to 'removing' a couple of my posts. Hind site can be 20-20; interesting the original name/heading on this post

Steven, stay with us.
fe

#15 ·
Empty rivers - empty heads. Point well taken Fred.

I have received several emails to the effect that I should stay the course and remain a member of this forum. Some have tempered their message with a mildly scolding tone which seems, now, somewhat appropriate.

Regardless as to the heat of the moment past, the original post has not been struck from the board. This in itself speaks volumes as to the stout heart of those with whom I took (take) issue and will be the measure that I stand to. As they bear the burden of free discussion so will I, the good with the bad. May a lighter tone prevail.

Admin,

Pleaase disregard my previous post, wherein I sought the removal of my presence from this forum's membership listing. I do not plan on grabbing my gear and going home.

Fred,

Send, ASAP, a hundred count of those "chill pills" you speak of. As a U.S. banker-type, I'm assured they meet with DEA approval, right?

Steven Russell

#17 ·
Yep, agree, Fred plus I need all the Skagit and Sauk anglers possible to remain on the board, so I continue to glean intelligence on these great steelhead rivers before I arrive there some day for one of my must do FF trips before I leave this planet.

Skagit and Sauk is definitely one of them, been reading about this area probably since 1960 when I started trout fly fishing on the east coast as 12 year old kid.

Keep those Skagit and Sauk comments coming so I can least continue to dream about what the eventual experience will be like some day.

Some pictures once a while would help also otherwise I have to continue to reread the "Skagit & Sauk River Journal" from Amato Publications. I have had for close to ten years now I think.

They say some of the best fly fishing experiences are in print only.

Which I agree with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.