Fly Fishing Forum banner

Andros in November

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  n1gdo 
#1 ·
I lucked out this year and my annual sales meeting is in Nassau in November. A couple of co-workers and I are going to arrive early and zip off to Andros for the weekend.

Was hoping to grab some recommendations here for lodges and guides.

Everything I've heard about the guide situation on Andros is that they have two extremes, the best of the best and the worst of the worst.

Any help is much appreciated.

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would suggest you use an independent guide and stay at one of the motels on the island. I've used Brent Mackey (aka Bonefish Bradley). He trasilers his skiffs and can fish anywhere from the Joulters to the North Bight/west side. He's a top notch guide, and I can recommend him without reservation. He's at: capecodoutdoors

You have at least three options to stay close to Andros town airport:
Lighthouse marina has nice rooms and duplexes. androslighthouse
Hanks has decent rooms, and he rents skiffs, which are very useful if you want to fish without a guide:hanks-place
If you want something a bit more 'rustic', try Chickarcharnie's hotel in Fresh Creek. capecodoutdoors.
Bradley will pick you upand drop you off at any of these. He can also show you a bit of the local scene.

Post here if you need more info - I spend a lot of time at the AUTEC base just down the street.

Not hot links please from non sponsers

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Andros South

Dave: Nute here from Acklins 2006. I fished at Andros South in Jan. Great guides and great fishing.

I highly recomend the place. Caught some monster fish. Not nearly the numbers like Acklins but the fish are much larger and there are endless flats.

Check out the site fishcolorado Go to the gallery section. They have an Andros South section with a nice shot of a 30lb. Lemon Shark I got.

Have a great trip and I need to hook up with you for an Acklins reunion.

No hotlinks from nonsponsers

#6 ·
It's neither censorship nor intended as a personal affront. It's just a forum rule and this one happens to be in that gray area between being an fishing industry link and a tourist tip. Pete volunteers as a moderator and this is a gesture that should be appreciated by all IMHO.

On one hand listing a cheap hotel in the Cape Cod Guide costs hundreds or even thousands of dollars per year.

On the other hand I don't see the harm in recommending a place to rest one's weary head on a remote bonefishing island either.

gray area, call it a tie and move on

#8 ·
This got put on the back burner for a little while but we're back in planning mode now.

Thanks for the recommendations guys:

Any others out there? We would like to have some northern options as well......

Appreciate the help,
David

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.