Fly Fishing Forum banner

can't you all do something about it only being January!

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  October Caddis 
#1 ·
I miss all of your great reports about stripers. Don't any off you have any influence with the big fisherman in the sky to get late Spring here any faster?
Out in the North West fishing is slow for most of us but we keep on trying. Somewhere there is a Steelhead that will come to a fly.
Was just wondering if you guys back east can start making up some striper stories to keep us NWesters entertained. The way it seems to be going out here we will be able to do the same for you if fish don't show up soon in any numbers.

#4 ·
Nice fish Santa, I've known for a long time that you all were secretly catching fish all winter long. You all are well unified in keeping it to yourselves and that is good. Winter on Cape Cod, no traffic jams or as they say in Boston, "no bumpa ta bumpa". Seriously though there must be someone that catches bass in winter, there are some around. I know up in New Brunswick in a place called Belle Islle they catch them in gill nets that are placed under the ice. Belle Islle is a mixture of fresh and salt and it gets kind of cold up there. Does anyone know of any studies of how many fish winter over in the Cape Cod area?

Well I'll be out in March for a week to see my folks but may be back in Summer to fish if possible.
Latter
Steve.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.