Fly Fishing Forum banner

First swap flies arrived today!

4K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Crusty 
#1 ·
I was delighted to find a package from Crusty in the PO box this morning... just like Christmas! Inside were 6 killer winter / spring steelhead flies for me to ogle on the way in to work. Almost hit the snowbank several times!

VERY NICE WORK!

Thanks for including the recipe and postage, although I'd gladly take care of the postage just for the joy of looking at them (if anyone's in a hurry don't sweat it).

Because you included the flybox I will place the swapped flies into it for the return flight.

In case anyone forgot...

Steelhead Fly Swap c/o
Flyfishing Forum
PO Box 58
Groton MA 01450

#3 ·
As often as the membership will bear!

Seriously, I think it's a great thing to do once or twice a year. Certainly seems appropriate to do two for steelhead due to the split in the species et. al.

It's a bit of work to do the swap but the fly swaps I've participated in over the years have been wonderful and I treasure many of the flies I've received.

If too many are going on it kind of gets overbearing, so it's best to keep them few and fun.

#4 ·
Thanks Juro. Don't look at them too long though. Like women, if you look at them too long the warts begin to show.

I'm looking forward to the 28th of Feb to see what you all have tied.

By the way, I went out on the Clackamas (Oregon) yesterday but was not able to break the cherry on my new spey rod. I'm heading for B.C. in March so that Dana Sturn with a crew from Michael & Young can give myself and my wife casting lessons. God knows I need them. I did things with that rod that He never intended. I don't understand it. I can make most of those casts with a single hander as a matter of reflex. I guess that might be the secret...quit thinking.

A glass of scotch to everyone.

Crusty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.