Fly Fishing Forum banner

canal west end:schoolies chasing peanut bunker

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  CANAL RAT 
#1 · (Edited)
went down to west end of canal mainland side. schoolie bass were traping 2in baby pogys up against the rocks and killing em baby pogys EVEYWHERE they were beaching themselves trying to escape the attacking stripers.wicked cool to watch unfortunately i did not have the fly rod with me i could have had alot of fun catching those schoolies with a DNA fiber baby pogy fly.dont know if they would have even touched the fly they were awful selective. i am going to go tomorrow same time with the fly rod. lesson learned: never leave home with out the fly rod

#3 · (Edited)
i hit the west end mainland side from dusk from after dark i arrived to the same scene last night schoolies in the 17-20inch range blasting peanut bunker driving them right up on the rocks i lost count of how many schoolies i caught on the fly rod all were takin on DNA peanut bunker flys and the standard bunker fly all were fished on floating lines.

tight lines :hihi: :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.