Fly Fishing Forum banner

My Turn

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  BCOrchidGuy 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm Doug, a bus driver for the regional transit system in the Greater Vancouver Regional District. I'm early 40s, been a fly fisher for many many years, still the worst caster you'll ever see but I have fun, sometimes I even catch something other than myself.
I like to fish the Vedder river, Harrison and the Chehalis, as well as fish some of the Kamloops lakes when I can.

Doug

#4 ·
Sure, I have 3(ish) hobbies, fly fishing, aquariums and orchids. I've cut way back on the aquariums and orchids so I can have some more time to tie flies and go fishing. About 2 years ago, I had 67 aquariums and 71 orchids, now I have 3 aquariums and 20 or so orchids.

Doug

#5 ·
Cutting back on the 'fish behind glass' I can see ...

God I used to hate it when some bloody tank wanted to leak ... totally out of the blue .. and you found 2 gallons of water on the floor (if not the carpet) the next morning.:eek:

So "they" became 'bait,' but given the orcahid's ... there you've got a winner. That's one of the main things I miss about our old home in Healdsburg, CA, and the vineyards in here in So. Oregon, was the Roses. Lots and Lots, and Lots of roses.

Both things of great beauty.
fae

#6 ·
I love roses too but I'm renting the house we are in and the soil isn't great for roses... actually it isn't great for anything.....

2 gallons on the floor huh.. I was draining a 100 gallon tank when the phone rang, the hose that was going outside flipped or something and came back into the basement, I figure there was about 60 gallons or.... in laymans terms... 3 inches of water on the floor.. the stand pipe actually couldn't handle it... good news was the concrete and water sure helped keep the humidity up for the orchids..

Doug

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.