Fly Fishing Forum banner

Crease Flys

3K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  WVFLYMAN 
#1 ·
Hello all i have recently been introduced to the crease fly i know that some of you have already been tying this pattern and fishing it for quite some time now. On Sunday i tried it out on one of my local smallmouth streams and wes very impressed with the results. I fished for about 4 hours produceing some 16 fish with a few in the 16" range. Im gona further research this pattern and see if i can find some type of sticky back mylar flash film to add some flash ill keep you all posted.

#3 ·
Do a goole search for "Jones Tones foil". This stuff is used by modellers and comes in all sorts of colors. I picked up a sampler pack of 14 sheets each 6"x12", all different colors for < $20. There are a number of sources for sticky back foam also. I made a few recently for peanut immitations and thought they would be great for smallies. I also have some slightly larger patterns on the drawing board for the upcoming October Cabo trip :lildevl:

#4 ·
MYlar

For my flash mylar body material I have found that CD shops ar the place to shop. YOu can buy mylar CD gift wraps for about a $1 a peice and they are holographic. Then if you go to a craft shop (like Michael's) you can buy the close cell foam sheet with the peel off back wher it has adhesive on one side. My challenge was the shaping of the foam. I ended up buying a crease that i fished to insure good action... then I cut it open with an exacto knife and used it as a stencil for cutting mutiple foam section for new flies. That's my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.