Fly Fishing Forum banner

Next up on the auction block

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Nick 
#1 · (Edited)
A Sage RPLXI - 9wt - 9' - 5pc. rod
Donated by:
Our most recent sponsor

Wait for a post of the auction this weekend.

See less See more
#3 ·
Jim has been rapidly approaching rock star status in my book... please let's all keep his exemplary efforts in mind when we tie an extra fly, look at an empty seat on our boat, or a spare bed in a cottage throughout the fishing season.

His purely voluntary efforts to keep us in the black are nothing short of amazing!

A toast and a heart felt thank you to Jim Whalen!

BTW -

For single handed work on the flats I gotta have my RPLXi 9ft for 9wt. In fact I couldn't count how many clients I've converted from other rods to the RPLXi - after they cast mine they gotta have one.

Many people believe a SWFF rod has to be stiff, the RPLXi proves that a rod can load sweetly but fire the line with authority at the same time.

5pc, eh? Briefcase size. Just the thing for the trip to the Bahamas, a business trip to the northwest, etc. I'll be bidding Jim!

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks for the kind words but I will not take the credit for this one. There is a lot of behind the scenes work that goes on to keep this site running, sponsorships co-ordination is a small part. Members in the local area have the best shot at landing sponsors there and I encourage everyone to spread the word. In the PNW the guys out there are doing a great job, I follow up on the leads which is a job in itself, but the real credit should go to those who spread the word about this site on a local level. The content and participation should take care of the rest. Sponsors visit the site and can clearly see that they are getting a bargain on the advertising. Sage's sponsorship, if I am not mistaken is a result of the forum's participation at the national shows.

I second the rplxi - I might build one over the winter. I have other rods that cast great but the rplxi is a lot easier on the arm.

#6 ·
Jim,
You're KILLING ME. I haven't cast one yet, but I got a feeling that is my next rod. Just don't have the cash right now. Probably gonna be my gift to myself this winter!

Nick

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.