Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flys For Sharks.

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  saltydog 
#1 ·
:whoa: anyone tyin or has tied flys for shark fishin,looking for pattens heading out next weekend.
"GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

#2 ·
Salty...I have not tied any but I think Lefty Kreh's book..which is in paperback has tons of flies and I believe he has a page on several Shark flys. If I was going without any sources I would tye Bright Flies...Reds and oranges with flash 6 tp 10 inches long...just a guess.

#3 ·
If you will be cumming, dont forget a few chum flies. Blood red marabou plus a few bits of saltwater flash around a 4/0 - 6/0 hook- pearl/silver to look like a chunk of bloody bait and fish skin.

Rig a couple on heavy poper heads. Not to pop but to float dead-drift. A popped fly generally spooks 'em.

Sharks love to head-n-tail on chum chunks floating on the surface. Just dont try it with 7X ;)

#7 ·
Rich -

8" + Deceiver of Furnace Green over Some shade of blue over pink over yellow over white, on some thick wire hook similar to that one you used in the swap - I've used this one and it's reasonably effective.

or how about a larger version of the thing you tied in red, white and black with the red epoxy head and google eyes? - that would go great with a collar of red and pink marabou. Don't forget the flash, and another idea is a similar thing with pink and red and peach colored feathers that might look like a meat chunk.

#13 ·
thanks you, it 8" long on a 8/0 hook, used a bunch of marabou. 4 flies took 2 packs white. Ive got 12 of'em:smokin: thanks for the help on posting, an the info on the flies. hope to get out this week end. 'GOOD LUCK GOOD FISHIN":smokin:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.