Fly Fishing Forum banner

Senate under biological attack... non FF related

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkDoogue 
#1 ·
What is the world coming to...

http://news.lycos.com/news/story.asp?section=LycosPolitics&storyId=47644

Once I clear my mind of the spite and anger, I have to wonder what these people think they are achieving... about all they are succeeding in doing is provoking the US into a level of action beyond that which we really even want to take, the US being the type of society who respects life too much to randomly kill even those who harbor our enemies.

But there is a breaking point to any level of constraint in a conflict and by persisting they are only heightening the threat of large-scale retaliation in which their own brothers, wives and children would surely perish, like ours did in their attacks.

I would do anything to prevent harm from coming to my family; all they need to do is "nothing". Yet the acts continue as they taunt and fuel the fire more each day, but to what end? Are they so naive that they believe they can actually hurt the United States, the global superpower, with their sub-guerilla hate crimes? I doubt anyone is that delusionary. Not even the Taliban.

So what is behind it? Are they trying to force a level of retaliation from us that achieves some goal for them? What is the underlying strategy? There must be one??

Either they are incredibly smart or incredibly stupid - there is no middle ground in what's going on now. Is it possible that humans in the 21st Century are so ridiculously derranged that they actually feel justified to do what was done in NYC and the Pentagon and to feel 'good' about it? Well I guess there are still aboriginal tribes in the jungle even today, so it's possible that there is no brilliant plot to all this, just the vicerally hateful acts of terrorism in a derranged political faction of humanity, and I use this term loosely.

If there is no masterminded, incredibly devious covert international plot behind all this carnage and hate then I am really depressed about how far **** sapiens has (hasn't) come over several million years. And if there is such a devious plot, I would wonder if perhaps we haven't come too far.

If our actions define who/what we are, I am sure glad to be a flyfisherman.

Thanks for letting me vent. May we hold our heads high and take the high road forever.

See less See more
#2 ·
Senate under biological attack... on a lighter note...

Ironically, a co-worker sent me this article...

http://www.nationalreview.com/goldberg/goldberg101501.shtml

Excerpt:
"Anyway, my idea's that they sent that envelope of anthrax to "American Media" because they were given explicit orders to attack "the American media." Some former goatherd or eye surgeon or whatever — you don't need to be poor and uneducated to be ignorant — simply grabbed the yellow pages and looked up "American Media." And, lo and behold, there was an address. How convenient!"

- Jonah Goldberg

#4 ·
Juro,

There are 8 some billion people in this world and about .00000000000000000000001% are physopaths (sp?). Ben Ladin in one of them; but what makes him dangerous is he's got money to back his play. As the Pres. said, this will be a long 'war,' and "we" watch too many tv shows where everything 'comes out right' in an hour of broadcast time.

Keep the faith!
Fred

#5 ·
The anthrax strain used in the U.S. Capitol attack was both manufactured, and, "military grade." This was not the work of an Islamic militant holed up in a cave, more an advanced, state sponsored laboratory.

Count yourself lucky that they haven't infected a martyr with either Smallpox or worse yet, Ebola, and flown them on a commercial jet from Europe to a major U.S. city. It would be 24-48 hours before we knew any better, and by then.........

Make no mistake about it, though Osama may have a fleeting association with these biological attacks he is not the true source. Every enemy with a grudge will use bin Laden as a scapegoat while they attack us with both barrels. I'm afraid that this will get worse before it gets better.

Be smart and be safe.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.