Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sandy Hook, NJ

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  boatdrinks 
#1 ·
Anybody have any intel or experience? I may get a couple hours out there next week and the timing could be right in line with the migration. Feel free to pm me and as always, your secrets safe with me.

#3 ·
Dave, I've given it a few shots it seems most guys go all the way the the point and fish the big rip, pretty good hike from eastern most parking area.I would think two hander with heavy sink tip would be the way to go. I took a spey class with Andrew the other week, really good guy I'm sure he could tell you much more

#4 ·
great time to be fishing there. No crowds yet. The very point is the best spot to fish from shore or boat but it's a walk. With the fly rod I would consider poking around on the river side as well. It's a much easier spot to fly fish. Check out Spermaceti (yep that's the name) cove right at the mouth and anywhere else that looks good along there. The further out on th ehook you go the better typically but there will be fish on both sides just about everywhere for the next couple weeks until it gets too hot. if you can find a way down to the base of the bridge that's a good spot too but be careful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.