Fly Fishing Forum banner

NEXT Rip trip??? 9/22 and/or 9/29???

5K views 45 replies 18 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Let's start to get a bead on who can do another Rip Trip and when. We can shoot for this Saturday...but the bone clave is on Sunday....some guys indicated that they could do one...others probably will not.... if we have no interest for this coming weekend.... how does the 29th look and who can go? Use this thread....Jim S. please call me...John

#7 ·
I'll be on Cape this week-end. Hangin' out with the Spey bums on the CC Canal on Saturday but will be around later and I plan to fish Sunday.

Maybe even Monday :)

#18 ·
Wow,

Looks like the makings of a good day, I really hope the weather is cooperative for you folks. Saturday I will be winging my way to Anticosti Island, Quebec for a whitetail bow hunt. I'll be thinking of you guys.

P.S. Even though my thoughts are leaning towards filling my freezer with tasty game, I am not putting away my fishing gear just yet. I may finagle one more trip south in October. Probably the weekend of the 6th. Oh God!.... I think I have Striperitis. Flydoc is there a cure? I hope not:D

Good luck boys

#19 ·
OK...I will Tally today and post... Naturally we can take more than 10 ...But I think it will get too crowded with 20...so we need to cut it off at 15....I would think... is anyone against a cut off?.... I hope Keith checks this...I will call him tonight... I think with Grizz's last post and if FredA comes and if Penguin comes...I think we are close to 15 but will confirm.

#20 ·
Here is the tally so far: let me know if I missed anyone and if some are dropping out. Does anyone know if VTloon is coming? He said he would since he was to be down for the boneclave and would do a SM trip on Saturday... Thanks

1) striblue
2) shadfreak
3) grizz
4) grizz - 1
5) flydoc
6) polareyes
7) Sean Juan
8) Sephon
9) JimS
10) Hiine54
11) FredA ?
12) Penguin?
13) ?
14) ?
15) ?

#22 ·
Loon-Plan

Jim M and I will be in the area, but our Sat plan is to drive down from Lake George and hopefully launch after SBFT. I guess where we launch/fish will be determined by weather and any G2 we have. In any event, we won't be able to get down in time for a Rip Launch.

#24 ·
OK thanks Keith...I stand corrected.... If FredA and Penguin go then we are filled. I called Pete today and he is in providing he gets back from Western Mass...which looks good right now. Have not heard back from Fred yet.

#25 ·
John- was at Fishing the Cape this afternoon picking up some leaders, and got to talking with the shop manager (the young guy..damned if I forgot his name, but you would know who I'm talking about)...he would be interested in going on Saturday if there is space, so feel free to give him a call if either Fred or Pete can't make it and you need an extra body.
Flydoc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.