Fly Fishing Forum banner

Happy 4th of July!

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
To all my US buddies, East & West, hope you time off from work allows you some time to play with the fishies wherever you are or wherever they are.

#2 ·
...hang on Jasper, we're headin' for the rhubarb!...

The 4th Of July at Area 61, the latest "temporary" Canadian acquisition/Provence on the FarSide (of the Canal) should be an interesting one...
British Columbian "cousins" Kush and his sweetie Sandi...and Brit Ex-Patriate Adrian will be guests for the weekend (and beyond)...
I hope they are over any "Revolutionary" hard feelings and ready for some fishin' and catchin' of Biblical proportion! 'Got my hands full!

...In the meantime...GOD BLESS AMERICA! Never forget how we got here and never take her for granted!!!

#4 · (Edited)
Great post "PG;" wish more knew Canadian history.

The 'rev. war' of 1772-1774 made much of Canada what it is now. Facinating the 'law of unintended consiquences.' (Did I spell half of that right?)
:hehe:

"Sampling" a couple of the single malts the fellows at the Rogue Charity Clinic brought up with them. Malcom, you'se guys really know what to do with a batch of dry malt and other goodies into the batch. Think Dave Kelly and the NateMeister will have to do one of those real quick before I run out of 'exquiste booze.' :devil:

A 4 I 4 get: Another really nice card from the Eugene, Or school district today thanking the fellows for their contribution to a truely worthwhile endevor. Great letter also from the local folks of the Rogue River Flyfishers thanking us for our support.

Truthfully, zero .... from Cal. Trout or Cornell U's extention project for your donations. Not a happy camper here. :razz:
fae

#5 · (Edited)
...and a fine day it wuzz!...

...Well, 'still have 10 toes and 9.5 digits...and the "guests" behaved themselves admirably...although I did hear one muffled remark that there were more of them than me...NoWorries!
After dinner, went for a walk to the beach for a stretch then, once back at Area61, broke out some special Pogie Oil (hand carried from the duty-free shop by the Canadian contingent) and settled in for the evening...Adrian is a happy camper! RipTrip in the AM.

...GodBlessAmerica...(and Thank Heaven for air-conditioning!)...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.