Fly Fishing Forum banner

How I got the Snoqualmie all to myself on the 4th of July!

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
A chunk of it anyway! There I was walking in to the run at the confluence of the Tolt at 6 a.m. 6 gear guys, feet firmly planted in the ground, not moving an inch. Up walks a guy who says "The county was supposed to have the the gates to the road and campground locked to keep you guys out. There's a 5K race and you have to move all your cars." Well much grumbling ensued, and everyone walked up to their cars and left. I walked to my car and drove up to the boat launch about 150 yds upriver, if that far! I expected to see all those cars that had just pulled out but nobody was there! I walked down river and had the entire run from the mouth of the tolt to the footbridge for an hour and a half! Hooked up on my second cast into the whitewater at the head of the run. Man... A 4th to remember!

#2 ·
Lastnight was the first 4th of July in years that I did not manage to bring a fish to hand, although I did manage to lose one.

There is nothing like fishing through the Deer Creek as the Klasicks (the property owners just upstream) shoot bottle rockets in your direction. A couple years ago I left early after one misdirected (but arent they all) bottle rockets exploded with inches of my head.

It was kind of a sureal experience as I was fishing through and seconds after seeing the brilliant greens and reds of a rocket explode over my over my head, a beautiful bald eagle made a fly over.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.