Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eleuthera Trip Pics

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Vince 
#1 ·
Just returned from two weeks on "Lutra." First week was better weather-wise--stable, hot and humid--while the 2nd week was a bit more unsettled and the fishing a little more challenging. Had a great time and caught some good fish. I'll try and get more pics up as well as a more detailed report soon. Here are some pics:

??

Waiting for the tails

Mutton snapper

See less See more
#4 ·
Vince, nice photos. Its a toss-up between you and Bob Berquist on who spends more time in the Bahamas (envious, of course). As Adrian said, a great photo of the reel for an advert. I now have two of the Nautilus CCF reels since the drag is sealed. What do you think of them?

#6 ·
Bob definitely has me beat there-he's living on Acklins for months!! I could only hope. . . .

So far so good on the natilus. As you can see, it's submerged in the salt and sand, and I've had no problems yet. If I get sand in it (and I can hear the grinding b/c it's between the spool and frame) I just take the spool off and rinse it in the salt to wash away the sand. Of course I rinse it well each evening with freshwater. Drag has been excellent.

My friend (manager of Oak Orchard Fly Shop) is going to take the whole thing apart to see what it looks like inside after taking the saltwater baths. I'll let you know the results.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.