Fly Fishing Forum banner

Let's talk boats...

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Dble Haul 
#1 ·
I see boat photos being posted from time to time. I wondered if we could post some of them together to see what kind of boats we're running? They will certainly vary greatly from region to region but that's the fun part of this topic. Also, post some details about the boat.

This is my current boat. It's a 21' all welded (no rivets) aluminum boat that is 72" wide. I have a 4 stroke Yamaha 75 and a 15 hp Johnson kicker. It's a center console and we built the windshield ourselves. I live in rural Alaska and do a lot of work on the rivers like the Yukon and Porcupine. This boat allows me to haul over a cord of firewood and 4 or 5 guys at the same time. Fuel mileage is excellent also. I used to have a Phantom jetboat and the mileage from the Mercury Optimax 210 hp just killed me. Gas in my area is $3.10 per gallon. It's a workboat but we have caught pike in it and it makes a great boat for hauling moose meat.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.