Fly Fishing Forum banner

with the falling water temps

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  PEC54 
#1 ·
where is a good place to try on the bay side this weekend ? - shouldI be walking the beaches mid day or fishing the outflows in the wee hours ?

I haven't fished since July so i'm hoping to get out saturday or sunday :wink:

GB

#2 ·
Either or.

Both!!!!:chuckle: , there's been some afternoon shore action as well as early am, find the bait ,which in the past couple of weeks has been,juvi sea herring,sandeels, silversides and some pb's starting to show. You may want to check out my home waters, its been happening.:D

#4 ·
GB -

Check PM's. Paul - got room for one more?

Per herring pattern, my best luck has come with Page Roger's Bigeye Baitfish tied slightly modified. Use the matched hackle body and bucktail abdomen, but add more tiewell sparkleflash trailing on the flanks and use a dark gray back with a seafoam green underwing with a blue streak. Dyed polar bear is best, but try to find that! Eyes not too big.

I have hooked some of my biggest bass on that fly as well as some huge coho salmon out in the Straits off the Olympic Peninsula.

#5 ·
extra select craft fur.

I've been using an extra long white with grey craft fur/angel hair mix for the belly and flanks topped with a olive mixed with grey topping with a little sea green flash, tied to 3-5 inches.:biggrin: Early am ,false dawn, start one or two hours before sun up at a creek with and ebbing spring tide,need I say more?:hihi: :chuckle: You know where to find me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.