Fly Fishing Forum banner

Great New Taco Wagon

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Finally, the winds are down and the rivers are dropping.

I blasted away for a couple hours to my favorite run on the Sky. The hole above has disappeared with the floods but the gut of my "fave" is even better now. The color of the water was good ol' steelhead green, my double speys were in good working order, and I just knew my fly was swinging tantilizingly in front of fresh fish – if I were a steelhead, I would've eaten it.

After working the run oh so thoroughly with little half-steps, I bushwhacked my way back through the newly blown-down trees to my car and drove to the taco wagon I saw while driving in. It's called El Rey and is parked in the lot near the espresso stand across from the Coast to Coast hardware and Bad Bob's Futons on Main St. near the reformatory in Monroe.

The Adobada tacos for a buck apiece are to die for.

That makes three great taco wagons near where I fish. One in Ellensburg on the way home from the Yak. Another in Burlington on the way home from Deception Pass/North Whidbey. And now the Sky.

I'm a happy guy, life is good.

Leland.

See less See more
#5 ·
Leland,

Are the single guys still bringing flowers (undoubtedly picked from people's gardens) to the espresso babes in the trailer at Fall City? I used to wonder why guys would be lining up in their pickups with flowers in hand to buy coffee.

Then I saw the Torrefazione sticker and got in line. BTW folks, the creative for that distinctive symbol was done by Leland. Then I saw why the guys got in line and it wasn't the coffee :devil:

I am having a taco wagon withdrawl... I think I'll come out and spend a little time in my ol' stompin grounds soon, for the tacos of course ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.