Fly Fishing Forum banner

POSTAGE COSTS- Swaps

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Slinger 
#1 ·
Forgot to mention..please include a self addressed envelop or money to cover the return address of the flies.... It cost me around $30 for the last swap including envelopes... It's no big deal..but with two swaps coming and more participants I can see my expenditure reaching near $100.. so please take care of this. Thanks

#3 ·
John, sent them out yesterday, I did include the cost of return postage and you can probably reuse the mailer. I neglected to include a mailing label, I'll put one in the FW swap.

The priority mail boxes for vhs tapes are free at the post office and they work great for flies if you glue a chunk of foam to the cardboard. $3.85 will cover it and it's usually delivered in 2 days.

Anyone thought about how to send the flatwings, Don't want them to get crunched in one of those flat mailers. The priority mail boxes with foam might work out well.

#4 ·
Recycle a literature mailer, aka mailing box from a software package. Lined with foam & flies it will be ~ 3-4 ounces and get there in a couple of days going first class. If there is printing on the box fold it up with the printing in to give a clean surface for labeling hiding where the box is from.

#5 ·
I can see there is an advantage to fly swaps of smaller size flies like the salmon and steelhead flies compared to those large saltwater flies our postage costs are immaterial.

10 flies can easily fit into a letter envelope or small padded mailer.

Bet I do it for less than $ 15 this time. Three are going to UK.

PM Out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.