Fly Fishing Forum banner

Tim Borski Flies

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
I have been asked by Gary Soucie to tie up two Borski flies for him for his next fly book on "Muddlers". I think he is doing a complete anthology on these type of flies. I have Bob Veverka's patterns which were tied by Borski himself, but I know I have seen others in books and on the web and want to be able to look at them before I tie these for Photo purposes... can anyone lead me to other sources on the web or in books that were tied by Borski for me to study and see if there are substantial differences I can wallow though..thanks.

#2 ·
Bonefishing! by Randall Kaufmann has five of Tim's flies on page 331 (Mangrove Critter, Fur Shrimp, Super Swimming Shrimp, Chernobyl Crab, Slider). Also remember reading Fish and Fly magazine's article a few years back that had an article about Tarpon flies and Tim's were shown (I just sent a bunch of magazines/videos to my brother back in NC last Thursday and it included this issue. If you would like to know which one it was in I'll contact my brother and get him to dig through the box and get you the information). I know the Kaufmann's catalog has fly patterns of Tim's pictured but guarantee they weren't tied by Tim!
Hope this helps.
Chris

#3 ·
Thanks Chris... if you look on the Bonefish archive forum below you will see both flies that Gary asked me to tie. I have sent them off to him ,along with tieing instructions for the Book, over the weekend so I am all set right now... but thanks for the information.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.