Fly Fishing Forum banner

Welcome Cape Cod Kayak

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
Cape Cod Kayak has joined on as a sponsor this year. We have some $50 and some $25 gift certificates from them that the forum will pass on to the membership for 20% off. I've yet to check out their shop in North Falmouth but the location in Taunton has some nice accesories- rod holders, pumps, dry bags, flats booties, and plenty of boats. The shop in N. Falmouth also handles rentals. I don't have a page to peddle the gift certificates yet so until I stop fishing :eek: here's how it will work.
If you're interested in helping out the forum and getting a deal on some cool gear, email me or PM me.

Thanks all.

#2 ·
Jim -

Thanks for taking the initiative to bring these great sponsors on line! The certificates are a great deal at 20% off. I'll stop by to check out their gear - I am in the market for a drypack and scuba booties with a rigid sole.

Anyone looking for yak accessories, you might give the banner a click and save 20% on your purchases. All proceeds go toward the forum fund raising. With two shows on the horizon next year (Boston, Seattle), we are still trying to build up the fund to cover the booth costs. Every bit helps, and thanks in advance.

#4 ·
Jim,
The tandam works for my wife and I when I bark the command "don't paddle". I find it a pain to paddle in harmony and I find I can move the boat along just fine by myself. When we get out on open water I let her take her 100 strokes. The Pamlico would work great with an adult and youngster. Funniest thing was the first time I pushed my wife and daughter off by themselves. I thought they'd figure it out right away....wrong. "Paddle the other way...the other other way". So I got in the tandam with the daughter and my wife took the Pungo, which was a revelation to her, after a few trips in the tandam. She really enjoyed it.

#7 ·
...ah...Capitalism...What a country!!!..

Q...
'Next time you venture to the FarSide (of the Canal) if I could get your buttisimo in an Area 61 DAY (demo assault yak) your mind would be clear to save on rental $'s and spend your hard earned shekles on frivolous periferals (paddle, PFD, flood insurance, etc).
Just a thought...

#8 ·
Thanks Pete, sounds good to me!

I'll let you know the next time I'm planning to cross the ditch. I'll probably still want to do the rental thing before I shell out the shekels for my own yak, but if I have a little experience first then I won't waste my rental time paddling in circles unless I'm chasing fish!

Q

#9 ·
Q,
The gift certificates are good toward the rental. Probably the best approach is to email me. I seem to be having some trouble uploading the order form. I can just shoot you a paypal address for the forum. If you're just looking to test paddle Billington sea has try out days on Sat & Sun. in the pond near the shop, no charge. If you want to test it in the salty stuff and get a sleigh ride a rental or area 51 may be the way to go. Anyway the gift certs have a face value of $50 at a cost of $40 forum donation.

Good luck to you however you decide to go.

#10 ·
Thanks Jim,

I'll definitely want to do some test paddling before I buy one, but first I'd like to try paddling a few times so that I know what to look for when the time comes to make a purchase. I'll probably test the waters at Area 61 and then try a couple of rentals before I buy.

Q

#13 ·
...ah...Capitalism...What a country!!!..

...Imagine that!...Two major "consumer opportunities" in sight of each other.
Click on the banners and stand back for news...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.