Fly Fishing Forum banner

Penguin Tying Night

4K views 31 replies 11 participants last post by  Penguin 
#1 ·
Pete Gray is tying next Tuesday night at Fishing The Cape..... a great opportunity to see his stuff...... As in the Movie " Blues Brothers"...I will bring the Chicken Wire for his protection.;) :lildevl: Plexiglass is too hard to transport and set up....

#6 ·
Public Service Announcement...

This will be a UV PHREE Tuffleye demonstration zone!... :biggrin:
Eye protection will NOT be required nor necessary...
On a more "personal" note...
Radioactive emmission contamination phree... :eek: NOT SO MUCH... :tsk_tsk:

Attachments

#12 ·
Possible "change of venue"...

In lieu of resent rather harsh postings... :whoa:
Tuesday's schedule has been adjusted to better suit the caustic climate...
Proposed itnerary:
After a very brief "everything you never really wanted to know about acrylics" :rolleyes: ,
there will be a "group hug and emotional intervention" with emphasis on "political correctness" :eek:
followed by "anger management" :mad: ,
"sensitivity training" for the sympathetically impaired and emotionally detached :frown: ,
"touchy feelings, yours and mine" :eek: ,
and [last but not least], "I'm OK... You, NOT SO MUCH!" :tsk_tsk:
:p

#18 ·
Cape Phly Tyerz Annon-y-Mouse...
Tuesday... 6pm-8pm [1800-2000]... +/-

Hi, I'm Pete...
and I have a phly tying problem... :eek:

HI Pete! :rolleyes:

#22 ·
Thanks Bob for all that stuff you do setting up and taking pictures. Those pictures WILL be put on this forum for sure. Good to see Flydoc ,who made me promise him that I would not get into anymore trouble on the forum....on the way home I thought about it.... and I think I lied.....Pete did a great job and was actually very serious for which I was not prepared....anyway...he tied some bueatiful stuff and really has the artists hand in the application of the tuffeye (spelling wrong I think).

#24 · (Edited)
Here are my three favorite pictures complements of Bob Mahoney....I will post others and the flies later....

"Heahhhh...um...ummmm. It rubs the lotion on it's body whenever it's told to do sooo...otherwise... it gets the blow torch again."

" I...I... can't seem to focus after all that glue I snift today."

OH God... when will this end....why? why"

#26 ·
a good experience...

I spent time and effort to gather resources and to prepare for the occasion... :p
and I still got off track and diverted from my phlight plan... :roll:
but, overall, I touched on some key points and even cranked out some phlyz...
go phigure...?! :tongue:
the exercise taught ME a lot and I look forward to the next "opportunity" to share the process...
Perhaps I even opened some eyez and inspired some creativity... timewilltell... :confused:
This ACRYLIC stuff is the BOMB and if you are tactically avoiding it, you may be missing wonderful opportunity... :tsk_tsk:

and besides all that...
Fishing The Cape seems to be agreeable to on going "work-shops"...
I'm available to help out and/or answer questions and solves problems...
'standing by to stand by...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.