Fly Fishing Forum banner

First largemouth

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  flier 
#1 ·
Cuz of gas prices Ive been hitting the sweetwater close to my house for a while now.
Finally got a Largemouth! Two actually at the Turner res. in Seekonk/Pawt.

About 2 pounds each on a topwater foam frog fly. From the scanoe on a six weight ebay special. I was afraid to bring my nice 4wt and the 10 wt probably would be overkill. lol

Looks like I'm gonna buy a decent 6wt

Awsome time. wish I brought the camera. I put them back. afraid to eat anythin from the ten-mile river system:whoa: Although the DEM cleared it last NOV from the Bacteria, I still sw lots of green stuff floating.:mad:

#2 ·
Good job! I've found that it's tough to go back to FW fishing after catching those hard pulling SW fish, but a couple of nice largemouths will always help revive my interest. Carp are another good target if you need to catch something that can really pull.

Q

#3 ·
Very nice! I just relocated away from there to CO. I miss all the great LMB down in that area. Since I don't live there any more, I'll be happy to share some spots if you're interested. Just let me know and I'll send you a PM. I don't like to post locations on the forums since anybody can see them then.

#4 ·
thanks

Thanks guys, I caught another largemouth today! fun stuff. Love those little froggy foam frogs.
I picked up a couple of mouse flys. Gonna try those next week.

Carp eh? I'll have to look around for those. I imagine shallow warm waters near bridges?

PM sent Scott, thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.