Fly Fishing Forum banner

7.5 lb largemouth through the ice

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  teflon_jones 
#1 ·
MY father-in-law's buddy pulled a 7.5 pd largemouth through the ice of our local fishing hole this past weekend. :eek: The biggest I've gotten out of there was a 2 lber, though I did hook what I thought was a log once, but it turned out to be a fish. :smokin: I never saw that guy before he broke my line. There's one tiny spot in the lake that's supposedly 10 ft, but the rest of it could almost be waded if it weren't for the muck bottom. I've been tying some MONSTER LMB patterns lately and I think I may find some good use for them on this lake!

I'm not into giving away my "secret" locations, but I'm always willing to go wet a line with somebody in these places! :)

#2 ·
Nice fish! Must have been a tight squeeze to pull it through the hole! What kind of fly was he using :hihi:

Sounds like that lake would be a great early season spot.

Q

#3 ·
I think he was using an blue icefish fly. ;)

Since it's so shallow, plus it has a dark-colored bottom, I'm betting that the water will get warm pretty early in the season. I can't wait! :D It'll be the first spot I hit for bass this year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.