Fly Fishing Forum banner

Michigan Steel.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  scrillz 
#1 ·
I'm new to the site so I thought I'd throw up a report. I fished a smaller lake michigan trib wed. and went 0/1. The fish hit a peacock size 8 peacock wolly bugger, olive tail w/ brown hackle. Fished another trib and had one short stike swinging a brown and white clouser. There are fish in most systems off of lake michigan, but depending on the day and weather you may have to work extra hard to get the fish to go. There are afew salmon still milling around. There is nothing like trying to target steelhead and fouling a king and having it go crazy, spooking that hole and then any holding fish 50 feet down from ya. If you do happen to hook a salmon be very careful trying to tail it this time of year, most fish have at least a fly or two in them somewhere, maybe a spinner or two, and maybe even a wieghted treble. Going to give it a try again tomorrow and see how some estaz eggs work out.
Fish On

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.