Fly Fishing Forum banner

Request per Penquin

14K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  fliboy 
#1 ·
Pete...it is almost that time of year again when the pea-bunker arrive as do albies.
If you are interested and have the time, I for one would like to view some of your bunker and albie fly creations. I am sure that I am not alone.

Phanks,
Ron

#27 ·
Fancy "Digs"

Pretty fancy 'digs' for the girlz!!!! Surprized they let you invade their domain!! Dog droolz is wonderphul on natural phiberz but expectorating on the make believe stuph is only way to go!! Pete, do you add just a touch of zap-a-gap to under phiberz at hook bend to cut back on ' phly phouling'?

Pete Readel

#28 · (Edited)
'personal idiosyncrasies and dog drool not withstanding...

As the unofficial "Pack Leader", Chief Design Engineer, and provider of copious doggie treats, my job is daunting...
Lucy and Dingo closely supervise me as I dress the hook shaft with mono thread and add some zap-a-gap or Gorila' Glue to create a more substantial mechanical bond... [phuselage less apt to twist on the shaft]...
then...
after all the tying, welding, and treat dispensing is done, I'll put a dab of the acrylic [Bug-Bond or FLEX] between my thumb and index finger and lightly smear it on and into the likely errant fibers... a little dab 'll do ya'...
[SSTS] Subtle Strategically Targeted Stiffness helps defeat wrapping & fouling tendencies...

"the Girlz in standby mode"...

Phur n' Phlash...

#30 ·
Impressed as always....., I think you need to REALLY show off and use a different vise for each fly..., Pretty sure you could tie at least a dozen!!:eek:
Beautiful flies, give my regards to the girls, they look bored-they would rather be chasing seagulls.
Cheers
DK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.