Fly Fishing Forum banner

What's better Than A 'Cow"?

3K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  Rip Ryder 
#1 ·
Well my friends...............today at 7:05 a.m. I got something much better than the "cow" of my dreams....our daughter Amy gave birth to a beautiful baby girl :D
She came a tad early but weighed in at 5lb 7oz and was mid schoolie size (19 inches). mom, dad and baby all doing well...........you will meet Sloane Elizabeth on the flats in about 12 years.....can't wait!!!

Keith.....you can now "officialy' call me "gramps" and I won't mind one bit!

Ron

#8 ·
Thanks gentlemen for the kind words and congrats! I haven't been this excited in a while as my post illustrated.

Seeing a new life come into the world is a miracle. A blank slate with a lifetime to paint on it her very own mural.

Jim....I will share what you said to your "neice'" . Despite her quick smile and easy laugh, Amy usually takes time to warm up to new people...........except for you.....I still remember the day that the 2 of you first met..............the both of you hit it off immediately and talked for at least an hour. Gotta be something special there. Or as my "spooky" daughter said to me on the way home that day....."Jim and I had to know each other in a previous life, we have met before".

Garry.......as long as I have my Aleve and xtra strength tylenol....I think we can make it to at least 100 ft to the right of the stairs.....as usual, thanks for your "kindness" and "thoughtfulness" :wink:

Juro......loved your post on NM......it is the only place I can go, get skunked and still feel fortunate to have had the experience and feeling one gets just being there......a spiritual place!!!!!!!!!! That will be the first place I will take my grand-daughter. I will not fish that day.....will only watch the amazement and excitement in her eyes.

Thanks all!....and Bill, I agree..........daughters are indeed special....especially if they fly fish :D

Ron

#9 ·
Hey Ron

That's great - Congratulations! I became grandfather for the first time last January when my daughter gave birth to a healthy boy. It truly is a miracle. Now 5 months later, I get to play with him and when he poops or begins to fuss, I hand him over to Mom.....it is a beautiful thing! :D I can't wait to take him fishin! :smokin:

Steve

#11 ·
Ron,
Ironically I caught that fish in the same spot where my son caught his first keeper on fly one 4th of July weekend many years ago. He made up a retrieve which follows the cadence to a children's song and I still use that retrieve sometimes with that silly song in my head DOH :hihi:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.