Fly Fishing Forum banner

Water temps

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Sean Juan 
#1 ·
Desparate as I am, I just checked our coastal water temps : Woods Hole 41.9...Boston harbor 40.1.
Another 10 degrees and we are in business. Hopefully the stripers have access to the internet :)
Pete.....you must have a flame-thrower or 2 in the garage :hihi:
Ron

#2 ·
I propose building a series of nuclear power plants from Buzzards Bay to South Monomoy, with the water that is used to cool the reactors then being used to warm the water of Nantucket Sound.....thus speeding the return of our striped friends....in addition to lowering our electric bills. Who knows, a whole new population of "resident" fish that hang around the discharge points near the reactors could keep us in tight lines year 'round....and the occasional mutation might create some monster cows:smokin:
Flydoc

#3 ·
Doc that is a brilliant idea! Are you sure your from Massachusetts? That sounds like something us evil earth shattering Republicans from New Hampshire might say:hihi: :hihi: Nuke 'em til they glow

Spring is almost here My friend, are your hooks sharp? I have dusted off my tying bench. I am almost ready for the return of Bassomania:cool:

#4 ·
Doc...I am sure that you must be recommending "stealth" nuc power plants .....after all....we must respect the view of a certain local politician.
Either way, stealth or not...your idea is the best one to hit this site in many years....BRILLIANT!!!!
This season must come soon....so far all I'm doing is spending money instead of time fishing......new waders, new rod, new line, resoled boots.....so far I have fought the temptation of dressing in my full arsenal of fishing attire while watching the fishing shows on TV on Saturdays.......but I am getting weak....water please warm quickly :)
mmmmmmm......glowing mutant fish...."striblues" you think? :)
Ron

#5 ·
Paxton said:
Doc...I am sure that you must be recommending "stealth" nuc power plants .....after all....we must respect the view of a certain local politician.
Ron
Ron- what little respect I have for politicians is lavished on a select few, and the local variety are most certainly not among them.
I too am yearning for the "tug", and am at this moment debating whether to don waders and brave the chill and wind for a crack at some of the trout in the recently stocked Cape ponds....Goose Pond and Schoolhouse Pond being a short drive from my place, and the ponds of Nickerson Park just across the mid Cape up in Brewster. Just finished tying up some black Wooly Buggers....have had success with them in the past (me thinks they resemble leeches when finished with a sinking line). If only it was just a few degrees warmer, and there was just a bit more light outside.....:(
Flydoc

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.