Fly Fishing Forum banner

Storm "Damage"???

4K views 43 replies 16 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Checked 4 TV stations, the paper and the net.....all say some coastal damage...but nothing specific, as in South Beach. Hopefully Noel gave us an early Christmas present and a new and permanent cut.
Pete...see if you can talk a brisk walk out there and send us a report before the Pat's game :)
Ron
PS: Also see if you can find "Wilson"....I heard that the good mayor of Chatham left him out last night at the lighthouse:hihi:

#27 ·
Pete, Just bringing up some old laughs, you are forgiven:hihi: Thanks for the call and I may do that Xmas walk...sure beats the old days when I did the Chatham Run -- running out of the Squire as fast as I could.... across the street though the band area into the Golf course...could never be found.:D :lildevl:

#28 ·
This thread may have gotten off topic, but IMHO it looks like we have a new mecca at the new cut on North Beach. Look at the definitive tidal/current footprints in the sand, and you've got some intriguing structure that the cows just love. Thanks Pete.

Pleasant Bay WILL fish better next year than in previous years with this coldwater egress from the ocean.

We shall see what we shall see over winter with the likes of the lighthouse cut and South Beach. The great thing about our fishery is that it is like one with Alzheimers, always meeting new friends.

Pete, so whats up with the sailor with contrails? Is that a sublimal message that I missed.

#32 ·
Hey Pete & John, no worries. Spoofing each other is great fun and we enjoy your sense of humor. And just think, this is just the beginning of the shack nasties for the ones hunkered down for the winter in the northeast.

Let's think winter clave in a sunny clime where the fish are big & elusive, but will pull your string. Thoughts? I know at out island in the Bahamas...

#34 ·
New Orvus Motivational Tool...

Certified Orvus Instructors & Guides, and FFF Moderators are being offered the new and improved model #4000 Attitude Adjuster and Attention Getter 10wt Shock Stick... :eek:
Lighter than previous models, long lasting rechargeable lithium battery, and MORE power for stubborn clients and forum trouble makers! :whoa:
Coming soon to an Orvus provider near you! :hihi:

Pete being Pete...:razz:

Attachments

#36 ·
Nice to see penguin and striblue being there old selfs. Whatever happened to that Fix guy? He was always good for instigating a little mayhem.

Structure changes along Nauset and south beach are interesting but really special fishing is going to require something to be done about the seal issue.

Sharks just won't eat enough of them. Ultimately I would think the population will collapse from disease and depletion of forage, which probably ain't going to be good for fishing in my lifetime.

Think seal skin parkas and mukluks. Carbon nuetral, no synthetic fibers from the petro chem industry and, as I recall from my time in Alaska, aesthetically pleasing and very effective. Better than Goretex.

#37 ·
FredA said:
. . . something to be done about the seal issue.

Sharks just won't eat enough of them. Ultimately I would think the population will collapse from disease and depletion of forage, which probably ain't going to be good for fishing in my lifetime.

Think seal skin parkas and mukluks. Carbon nuetral, no synthetic fibers from the petro chem industry and, as I recall from my time in Alaska, aesthetically pleasing and very effective. Better than Goretex.
Good source of biofuel too! :lildevl:

Q

#40 ·
I would love to see a guzzle connecting Chatham inlet to the tub! Not likely but imagine that. Maybe if nauset island slides down to connect to south beach, then the flood/ebb compression against the shore from the massive joint break might possibly cut inside the shoaling outer bar to guzzle through. The refuge would be amazing.

Pray for a stormy winter.

#41 ·
Juro- Thanks, but I could do without another such storm, if it's all the same to you...my sphincter is just starting to relax from the stress this last one put me through:Eyecrazy:
Flydoc
P.S.- anybody know the best way to deal with water damage stains on a white cathedral ceiling?

#43 ·
Doc....2 coats of Bin paint....remove the tree first ...leaves optional :biggrin:
Might be wise to figure out where the leak came from so that you can save on paint $.....alternatively...... put the house up for sale and tell prospective buyers that a famous European artist did the mural on your ceiling. :smokin:

#44 ·
Juro, before the Chatham break, huge currents drove past the light house and past North monomoy.... The light house and the shore line of Morris island was where the Night hawks fished... all night and caught huge stripers...just as the night guys do at Nauset today. Tony S. had some great stories of those days in that location.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.