Fly Fishing Forum banner

Question For Experienced Tay Fishers

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Gary W 
#1 ·
I have the chance to join two angling clubs this year on the River Tay. As I already fish the Lomond system, and have a family to support, time and finances are limited. This allows me to join one association on the Tay; Stormont Angling Club or Perthshire and District Angling Association.

I visit my inlaws fairly regularly in the area in the course of the year, so figure that this might save me some money in day tickets when I escape to the river. The question is which one to join?

Can anybody help me to make a decision?

p.s. there is a waiting list to get a ticket for the Rome Croy water with Stormont Angling Club.

#2 ·
Hi there, i am up in dundee and fish the tay from time to time. The perth + district has a lot more water but the stormont water can be exeptionally good depending on water and of the best of that bunch would be the rome croy water!!..
If you like a variation in your angling then p+d would be your best bet as the lower tay as i am sure you know can be a really big water.
I had a similar situation this year as your self and ended up getting a ticket for the south esk(kirriemuir a/c), which can be a great river. This is £135 for non residents.
If you want any more details drop me a line

All the best Richard :confused:

#3 ·
Richard,

Thanks for the reply. That's three people that are swinging me towards the P&D. As Rome Croy has a long waiting list (dead men's shoes), I think I'll go for the P&D ticket as it should get me fishing in any height of water.

I too thought about the KAC water on the South Esk, but figured that I wasn't local enough(two hours drive) to take advantage of the best of fishing during a falling river.

Once again, thank you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.