Fly Fishing Forum banner

Birthday Boy

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  polareyez 
#1 ·
Alas...it is that time again...my good fishin buddy Garry has his 59th (supposedly) birthday today.

He is getting old...last year after seeing a "tagged" horseshoe crab and sending the tag to a research center and receiving a silver pin award....all he does now is kick over crabs all day on the flats and forgets to fish (has E.O.S.D...Early Onset Striper Dementia).

Garry is the most successful flats FF I know...who does it "all wrong".....fast sink black line with 8ft leader......doesn't match the hatch (has the largest collection of chartreuse flies on the Atlantic coast)....."if it ain't chatreuse, it ain't no use".

Happy Birthday my "son"....maybe I will listen more to you this year and catch more fish.

Ron

#3 ·
Happy Birthday all...

Just had a birthday myself...but like Fred I want to forget them now... number is way too high!

Best to you Fred...

Garry ... enjoyed Ron's stories about your fishing adventures last year when we fished together around Chatham a few times...

Keith also...happy birthday...

Hope to take a ride to Florida with my brother in law at the end of this month and spend a few weeks on my own exploring... anyone going to be there? Want to meet up and fish...let me know...

Will try Marathon ... then Marco Island...then Pine Island...but nothing set in stone..... sort of a birthday present to myself...

My best to you all..

#4 ·
Sorry Keith...I missed your birthday notice...Happy Belated Birthday..wow....41...i can't remember that far back.
Counting birthdays are good... wha's bad is: not having them or not remembering what a birthday is................so far, so good :)
Ron (at least that is what it says on my name tag)

#8 ·
I'm pretty bad at this stuff myself so I'm going to take this opportunity to wish everyone on the forum happy birthday for 2011 :smokin:

If we should find oursleves in the same space-time at such anniversaries, suitable libations will be offered. :wink:

#9 ·
Best wishes to Gary, Keith and Frank. May the snow shovel lay idle while others do all the dreaded back work! Gary. What color is your car? Was that you I saw in the ServPro chartreuse van the other day?

Phil

#10 ·
Thanks all for the b-day greetyings. Fred and Frank, happy birthday and may you each catch that 40 incher you want for your birthday.

Kaptain Keith, happy birthday as well. May you get your birthday wish as well. Proper decorum prevents me from typing your wish....:hihi: and you know I'm always proper...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.