Fly Fishing Forum banner

Fall Fishing!

3K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  Salmon Chaser 
#1 ·
What are your hot flies for "Fall Fishing"?

A.. :cool:

See less See more
#3 ·
RE: Fall

As always Charlie, your flies are impressive. Hope to do another swap with you this winter, perhaps.
Ann, Have you tried the Cascade? It's a great fall pattern. Next would be a Lester the Lobster and the black leetch. Also have really good luck on a #6 Black Wooly Worm.
I had a Thunder and Lightning Spey sent up to me in swap last winter from Mike Brooks and let me just say, they are awesome. Cant wait to try them in Margaree this fall.
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

Attachments

#4 ·
Charlie!!!!! I need you!!!

:D Charlie!!!!

Did you see SalmonChaser's flies????!!!!!!

I have the rivers and you the fly tying tools........ :D

( I let you know if they work!!!)

:biggrin: Gee Thanks Charlie!!

PS: SalmonChaser, any news about the Margaree..... people are sending me emails ( not my territory and I know nothing of this river..any fish? conditions?)

#6 ·
RE: Margaree

Hi Ann.
Just had a couple of lads come back yesterday and they hooked 3 and 5 respectively. The biggest fish was 12lbs from Doyles bridge Pool. Water was "Good" and there were fish where they were supposed to be as in all pools held fish but the better ones held more. The mornings fished pretty well for them and All accounts pointed to Seal Pool as being hot with fish hooked there everyday. As for a more in depth report? Well, thats all i have for now. others may chime in here. my trip is backed up a week as our lobster season isnt over till the 16th of Oct so i will be in for a cold week(18-24) to be sure.
As for the T&L spey? I tied a few in each size as i feel pretty confident that they will take fish. Also, here is a spey fly that i converted from a salmon fly that I put together,,the A.P.B
Ann, how did you do on the rubber-legged wooly worm that you posted on SAO?
Do a search for Mac Strathdee's shop in Margaree, he can give you up to date info on Margaree.
Take care Ann.
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

Attachments

#7 ·
Rubberlegs

Hi SalmonChaser,
Thanks for the info..... I'll forward your update to a few friends....ah!! Nope, I'll give them the link to this great site!!

The Rubberlegs...

Well, to be honest...We gave up on them. I find it's not the classic way of fishing and some are using these in low waters conditions, letting them "sink" and stripping them through a pool loaded with salmon. "not my type of fishing". Guess I'm getting touchy on my fishing, but in respect to salmon and anglers fishing the next day...... conventional flies only. And you know, That's not what fishing is all about, anyways.

So, we decided to scratch them off our top ten and out of our fly boxes.

I prefer a nice dry fly and if there"s no current, then I'll strip it across ( over) the pool or use a tiny single hook fly.
A fish on a dry or a fish on a tiny fly!!!!!!!
Man!! So hard on the nerves!!!! :Eyecrazy:
But so good a feeling!!! :D

Enjoy your Fall fishing!!!

Ann

#8 ·
T&L recipe.

Charlie, here it is.
Hook: your choice, but alec jackson hooks are what i used.
TAG: Flat silver-about 7 turns.
BODY: Black seals fur, wound tight.
RIB: Medium oval silver tinsel.
Hackle: Hot orange schlappen from second turn of rib.
Wing: Bronze mallard, set low and extending to point of hook.
Throat: Blue guinea.
HEAD: Black
*This fly is dressed the same as the Anns Emerald that you sent up to me, in that it is not very "thick" or full.
Hope they work for you Ann!
Salmon Chaser
><)))*>

#9 ·
OKay!! What is this!!!!!

Ann's Emerald??? Charlie!!!!! :confused:

My secret fly!!!!

K...we'll have a serious fly talk when I see you later this Winter.....
- don't forget the Scotch though.... :rolleyes:

Thanks Salmonchaser, very sport of you.

If you need any flies, call my booker!! Charlie!! :smokin:

I suck at tying flies !! The only thing I can do is fish em!!!

Just the pool I had in mind for later this month!

:D Ann

#10 ·
Oh man,,, what have i done???

QuebecSporting said:
Ann's Emerald??? Charlie!!!!! :confused:

My secret fly!!!!

K...we'll have a serious fly talk when I see you later this Winter.....
- don't forget the Scotch though.... :rolleyes:

Thanks Salmonchaser, very sport of you.

If you need any flies, call my booker!! Charlie!! :smokin:

I suck at tying flies !! The only thing I can do is fish em!!!

Just the pool I had in mind for later this month!

:D Ann
Jeez Charlie :eek: ,,,, sorry. Ann, I promise that the fly goes no further :cool:
Seriously Ann, The fly is beautiful. Have you wet it yet??
What pool are you fishing in the pic and are you us

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.