Fly Fishing Forum banner

Indoor casting clave - heads up

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  ssully 
#1 ·
We have a possibility for the indoor casting clave on March 1st, 4 hours of casual tutoring, gratuitous double hauling, and trying each others rigs. We'll probably gather for a buffet somewhere nearby as well. The site will be in the Reading area if all works out. Sorry, I will not have more details until tomorrow.

Please reply if you are interested so we can justify the rental fee and get the wheels in motion...

#3 ·
Apologies on the error - we are talking the <b>31st of March, a Saturday</b>. Dave Williams, a fellow enthusiast who happens to coach athletics in Reading, has volunteered to arrange things for this event. He says he has gained a lot from our on-line community and is pleased to return the favor. The facility is the Reading High School Field House, which is "much larger than a hockey rink" (rink is 165 feet long), it holds four basketball courts in fact. I think anyone who can cast a single hander diagonally across the building will deserve a special recognition

We will shoot for the afternoon with an optional dinner gathering afterwards. Ball park would be 1-5pm, 2-6pm or something to that effect. There are a number of great places to sit down and eat in the area so that will not be a problem.

The cost will be ~$500 for 3-4 hours. With enough participants this could be very cheap. There will be a number of folks willing to tutor, teach or comiserate. My guess would be an average of 3 rods per participant, providing a huge opportunity for people to try out new combinations.

The floor is an indoor athletic rubber surface so the lines will be fine, and I will try to get as many demo lines as possible for the event. I will invite our sponsors as well, who may be interested in bringing new gear for 2001 along for us to ogle... like the Ross Canyon large/wide arbor big game reels.

Since I like to draw winning raffle tickets at events, I hope to close out a couple of raffles too - GPS, trips, etc.

This event depends on your participation so please sign up!

thanks,
Juro

#5 ·
Juro, count me in. I will bring a new rig just purchased, 9 wt. Winston XTR and Abel Camo super eight. If we are allowed two other rods ,I will bring the 10 wt. Scott eclips with the tibor Rip tide or Islander 4.5W. An eight weight Sage RPLXi with the Abel 8N, and I will put a 7 wt. T &T Vector with Pate Salmon. That should be a good group for the crew to try out.

#6 ·
John -

Sorry if I was unclear... bring as many rods as you want! I was just saying that I am guessing there will be ~3 rods per person, which means well over 100 rods! That ALONE makes it worth the trip.

See you all there,
Juro

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.