Fly Fishing Forum banner

Indoor casting clave

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  juro 
G
#1 ·
I'm working on 3 - 5 of my friends to sign up for the indoor casting clave. I was in the Reading High School field house last night and paced off the dimensions. It's 150 feet wide by almost 200 feet long. I'll have the basketball hoops put up so there will be a ton of space to cast. Just think, trout season will be getting underway and 6 weeks later stripers will be around. Spring training for fly casting!
Dave Williams

#2 ·
That's humongous! A 60 foot backcast means 140 foot forward cast to touch the far wall... beyond my means with any single handed rod. Going across corners would be damn near impossible, although I watched guys at a casting competition at Howard Miller Steelhead park (Skagit R. WA) one spring casting over 170 feet with two-handed overhand casts, I know I won't be going coast to coast in this facility anytime soon!

Thanks once again Dave - I am really looking forward to this at the end of the month... JUST IN TIME FOR THE APPROACHING SEASON!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.