Fly Fishing Forum banner

Eastern Canada September

2K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Salar-1 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone

For the last couple of years I have fished for Atlantic salmon in Canada in September.
So far I have fished the Miramichi and last year I stayed at Malbaie river lodge and fished the Grande, York, Pabos and Malbaie rivers.

I want to go on another trip this year. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Pete

#4 ·
September Salmon ?

I fish farther North in July and early August in Labrador. It's getting pretty cold by late August. Eagle River and Sandhill River still have fish in September but you'll have ice by then in the back waters, and a lot of sea-run Brook Trout

#5 ·
late September

Try the Madeleine for the fall. It is a big wild river. I saw 30 fish way upstream there already this season. I have no idea what the count over the falls is but if it is as consistant as the rest of the gaspe, I expect good stuff.

#6 ·
if you wan t to try something really unique check out anticosti island. i've not fished it but a couple of friends of mine go there every year for a combined deer hunting and salmon fishing trip. every time they come back, they are raving. huge rivers with limited amounts of anglers (8). tons of big fish-consistently. it's not easy to get to though.
i'm heading for the miramichi this wednesday myself. a bit late or early in the season- depending on how you look at it. but from what i hear it's been a banner year and there's plenty of water- in fact a bit too much. can't wait.

#7 ·
NMB,

As of 08/06/2008, the Miramichi -- around Doaktown at least -- was completely blown out. Pictures were sent to me by one of my friends up there that show the river being higher than I can ever remember seeing it -- and I have been going there since 1984. I don't know when you have planned on going or where you will be fishing, but I recommend you check on river conditions before you leave.

Cordially,

CK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.