Fly Fishing Forum banner

Let the games begin!

9K views 20 replies 14 participants last post by  boatdrinks 
#1 ·
2006 Jones Brothers 1910LT with a 150hp Yamaha...

(looking at calendar)

Just in time, too. :wink:

See less See more
#14 ·
Tom, it came with the Garmin 498 chartplotter/fishfinder combo. Very nice. And don't worry about your boat being named Double Haul....Anne and I are working on a couple of other options right now. :wink:

Dave, I'm already very pleased, and I've only had her out on one fishing trip. The sky is the limit now with all of the access that's opened up in front of me.

#15 ·
Very awesome! Congratulations! :cool:

Hope this doesn't mean that you've gotten rid of your other boat that you use in freshwater :tsk_tsk: :lildevl:

Q

#17 ·
Quentin said:
Hope this doesn't mean that you've gotten rid of your other boat that you use in freshwater :tsk_tsk: :lildevl:

Q
That boat is now up in Maine for my dad to use. It's available for me to go and get for those long spring pike trips......that kind of access is the least he could do for me letting him have that boat. :wink:

#18 ·
Dble Haul said:
I'm pulling it with a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Loredo, and so far no problems. The 25 mile trip from the dealer to home (most highway, some city) was pretty darned smooth.

Glad to hear that its pulling fine with that. I'm struggling with stepping up next year and the potential need for a new tow vehicle as well. I'm hoping to go 19/20' and I think my Liberty will work for at least one summer....5k rating, but I'm not sure what the long term effects would be.

And congrats on the new ride...super sweet. That GPS is pretty stellar as well. Good stuff all round!

#20 ·
Wow, a blast from the past...

I've had the boat for three years now, and it's been everything that I've always wanted in an ocean fishing vessel. It's quite seaworthy, but still able to get up onto some good flats for sight fishing.

I take very good care of it because it's a significant investment. It's also going to be a great family boat once my daughter is old enough to get on the water with me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.