Fly Fishing Forum banner

Flyfishing Forum/Slam Dance Auction Trip report

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  doug 
#1 ·
Well, sorry to say that the "winners" didn't get the Slam that they were hoping for during the past year.
A pretty miserable choppy, wet ride to hell and back produced a midget trash fish grand slam if you include Dale's bluefish at the launch ramp. The rest were a sea robin, a scup, and a supposed lesser amberjack?
Mother Nature is quite perturbed with Mr. Burgess...as this trip was no knock on Mr. Moore.
The 2001 tunoid draught continues....
Atleast we saw an albie, which is more than I can say for my recent 9 days on the Vineyard.
Rumor has it...that we needed one of Juro's merry men singing the FFF mission statement to have changed our luck!
Doug B.

#2 ·
Well, Doug I'm sure it was a grand time fishing with Steve even though the results you hoped for didn't materialize. Reports I've heard about the day indicated a tough day to be fishing, and Rip Ryder was so concerned about the wind that they cancelled the rip trip. I'm sure it was a bumpy day out there.

I hope you and Capt.Moore realize how much we appreciate the contribution and I hope the returns can be measured over many experiences over time and also the things you've helped make possible for the "merry men".

We are indebted to both of you and hope we can show our appreciation in the days to come.

I'm sure I speak for all when I say "THANKS". Now did you get any pics of that amberjack? Pretty exotic!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.