Fly Fishing Forum banner

Help! Need advice for trip to RI...

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  B-Unit 
#1 ·
:confused: I'll be spending a few days with a non-fishing buddy in Providence, RI in the beginning of October and hope to wet a line at least once while I'm there. The great guys at my local fly shop wrote down a few stream names from a dusty book from their library and I sniffed around the internet a little looking for trout spots but what I really need is some good, old-fashioned, first-hand advice from somebody who's been there (and done that). The RIDEMS website lists some streams and ponds but that's about it... not quite what I'm looking for. The info I could really use would be more along the lines of "Stay away from the Blackstone" or "Don't miss the Pawtuxet river, big Browns, all wade-able" or "You need a boat for everything lately 'cause its all still flooded" etc. You get the idea. If you've got a little wisdom for me, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks. (I hope I posted this in the right place...)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.