Fly Fishing Forum banner

Thinking it through...

2K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  striblue 
#1 ·
Arrival: 5:30-6am at White's Landing

Riders: maybe we should arrive early and drop our stuff down at the end of the landing to simplify the process of loading the boats once they are launched, and to be out of the way when they are launching? Caution - there is poison ivy along the ramp pavement.

Roll call: it helps to do a basic roll call so we know who/what/where. Tod is the best candidate because he prepared the roster.

Shuttling: we should load the gear evenly on the boats as well as the riders, yada.

Gear: gather at the site (#9) to get rid of tables and stuff and get everyone onto a boat seat once the gear is unloaded

Fish: the seat assignment sheet is just a suggestion sheet, whatever works for everyone but just make arrangements responsibly if you are changing things around

Dinner: the dinner crew needs to return early to prep dinner

After Dinner: Brian Casey is returning Sunday PM, so I think he can drive Jim Doogue back to the landing after dinner (pls confirm). We should try to conclude dinner before it gets too dark(?)

If you are heading back Sunday and have not told anyone yet, now is a good time. We need to know how many and who.

Mon Morning: coffee and snacks only I think? What time is brunch? Who is on the brunch squad? (Sully pls confirm)

Lunch: on your own, shouldn't need it after a Ssully brunch

Dinner: catch of the day, sides, cobbler!

Nick, Todd, Craig, Doogue, JimW and possibly me returning to dry land; Greg Devereaux the only boat leaving - We'll need additional shuttle boats to get the people and gear back.

If you are heading back Monday and have not told anyone yet, now is a good time. We need to know how many and who.

** If I have to leave (which I am trying to avoid) I will leave my tables behind as I did last year.

(please reply if you can shuttle folks Monday night)

Since Tuesday is Ad Lib, we should discuss plans before retiring.

Tues AM:

Weather looks good, we'll know what the fishing situation is by heart, and there is plenty of room. It's going to be a very good 1/2 day of fishing, frankly I don't think there is anyone waiting for the site on Tuesday, I will check with the ranger.

See less See more
#2 ·
Yup, I plan to cut out sunday nite, after 8:30PM. All who need a ride are welcome, even if it takes more than one trip, we'll work it out. I'm flexible, PLEASE, don't anyone feel stranded, if you need transport at any time I'm sure with all the boats we can handle it.
Also, I plan to skip out of work on Monday about 2PM to be at the landing at about 4PM for some closeby fishing, dinner and COBLER, and then return to the landing around 8:30PM+-,Again, If you want to join me,call me, you have my number!
Let's FISH

#3 ·
Juro,

I sent you an email. Mike M. is coming with us Sunday morning. We are shooting for an early arrival but can't promise it. I'll shoot you another email with my cell number.

FYI, looking at the weather forecast. I am considering setting up first thing if the site is open. Setting up tents in a downpour sucks.

Monday's brunch is set in stone as far as I'm concerned.

*** Don't be surprised by a mystery guest appearance.(blast from Boneclaves past) *** ;-)

#4 ·
bcasey (08-17-2001 06:43 p.m.):
Yup, I plan to cut out sunday nite, after 8:30PM. All who need a ride are welcome, even if it takes more than one trip, we'll work it out. I'm flexible, PLEASE, don't anyone feel stranded, if you need transport at any time I'm sure with all the boats we can handle it.
I might need that lift on Sunday night. THANKS!

SSully, thanks for taking care of that - looking forward to a great time!

#5 ·
Juro et al,

I regret to say that I will not be making the clave this year. So, although I appreciate the offers to get me back to shore on Sunday, I will not need any special ferries off of the island.

I am heading out with Mike (my son) tomorrow and that will be all the time on the water that I can manage this weekend.

I wish you guys the best of luck.

J.D.

#6 ·
Just a quick note... I'll have a bunch of those plastic boxes with me. You can grab them in the parking lot on Sunday morning, or after wards Monday night, but I don't think that I should bring them out to the campsite.

Nick

#8 ·
Is OldDoogue == JimD? If so, that means I have an open slot for Sunday AM on my boat. So, If one of you is slated on a smaller boat & want in on a Bigger (Offshore) boat, I'll take first come first serve at Whites.

I would Like My Riders to be there (Whites) early (~0530) if possible to help Launch & Load Gear. I should be there early, cause I'm staying in Bourne tonight & it's only about a 30 min. drive to Whites.

SSully, good Idea to Set Up Camp Early If the Weather Looks Poor!

See you-all there!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.