Alaska Silver Salmon "Shaggy Thing"

7K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  MCorder 
#1 ·
It's not pretty...but it catches fish!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hey, MCorder,

Glad to see you on the surface again.

Are you still on The Rock; if so, what was the final count on the run into Rose Tead/Pasagshak? When we were there last, 1st week October, Rose Tead was a total bust -- nobody fishing and no fish.

Got a report from a friend that over a thousand spawners were reported in the feeder streams above the lake.

Any comments?

Cheers,

-- Eric

#5 ·
To answer the other question...just got back about 2 months ago. :hihi:

Island Update...:smokin:
Kings are being caught off the beaches, the remains of the last of the silvers are still milling about the lakes, it's 8 degrees, snowing, the wind is about 25kts and getting stronger. The forcasted wind chill for tonight and tomorrow is -20. I tried for some dollies or rainbows about a week ago and my line froze after about 5 cast. I've gotton some reports about recent sthealheads being caught on the buskin, took my dog out the other day and could only find small stretches that arn't iced over.

It's nice to be back...just wish I could transfer during the summer months.:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.