Fly Fishing Forum banner

Looking for Marlwalker flats boots

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  flysully 
#1 ·
My Marlwalkers are not likely to hold out much longer. If anybody knows where I could buy a pair of Marlwalkers (Type I), size 10, I'd much appreciate it.
I understand they're no longer made and may be hard to find, but they seem to be just the ticket for the type of wading that I do.

#2 ·
As luck would have it...

I found an 11 in the "bunker" with your name on them... ;)
If you are interested, let me know... :confused:
...If you are ever in this corner of the parsec again!? :razz:

#8 ·
Patagonia has an unconditional guarantee on everything they make. If they are starting to fall apart all you need to do is bring them into a store or mail them in. Patagonia will replace them on the spot with an equivalent pair. In this case you would get IIIs because they don't make the Is or IIs anymore

#9 ·
This can't be right. My Marlwalkers didn't break - they just plain wore out. Yeah, they are ripped in places and the material is creased and cracked, but these are worn-out shoes, and certainly not a defect by any stretch of the imagination. Would they REALLY replace a pair of worn-out shoes with new ones???? I'm almost too embarrased to try to bring them in for a replacement.

#10 ·
I had a shell that was over 10 years old. The waterproofing had worn off. I brought it in and they gave me the equivalent jacket right off the rack.

They will definitely replace the shoes.

Its a guarantee that works very well for them. I've taken a few things back over the years but in return they get all my outdoor clothing business. Between fishing and skiing I've spent a ton of money there over the last two decades.

#11 ·
Not a Patagonia story, but if that's their practice re satisfaction, follow it.
3 weeks ago I called LL Bean to buy an upgrade of my waders.....I bought the originals 6 yrs ago and replaced them twice under their satisfaction guaranteed policy....I just couldn't do that again without significant guilt. I told the LL Bean guy that I was upgrading my LL waders...he asked me why, I told him....then he tells me that they had a recall on the originals and to send them back and they would credit my card for the upgrades!!! Then I get an email from them... they tell me that I used $20 worth of bonus points on the original purchase 6 yrs ago, so they credited that too along with my original postrage costs and my new postage costs and then added that they apologized for my inconvience.
So...being amazied...I wrote them an email complimenting them on their service to customers.....then they wrote back an email to thank me for my thank you email...INGRATES!!!! They are hopeless!!!!:)
Ron

#13 · (Edited)
josko said:
My Marlwalkers are not likely to hold out much longer. If anybody knows where I could buy a pair of Marlwalkers (Type I), size 10, I'd much appreciate it.
I understand they're no longer made and may be hard to find, but they seem to be just the ticket for the type of wading that I do.
Keep your eye on sierra trading post. They many times have what you're looking for.

Is this what you're looking for? Just checked the Patagonia site:
http://www.patagonia.com/web/us/search/esearch.jsp?OPTION=ESEARCH&N=0&Ntt=MARLWALKERS

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.