Fly Fishing Forum banner

Who is your favorite living fly fishing icon ?

• Larry Dahlberg

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Dave Whitlock

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nick Lyons

• Lefty Kreh

Votes: 7 87.5%
  • Joan Wulff

POLL - Current Icon Fly Fisherman

2K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
Vote for your favorite living fly fisherman icon amongst the following choices. Criteria used was they must: cover most areas of trout and salmon fly fishing globally, saltwater, professional writing ability, great story teller and fly fishing techniques master, conservationist and historian.

#2 ·
Awfully tough to choose.....

This was tough for me. I chose Lefty, but Dave Whitlock is a VERY close second for reasons that I stated in a previous thread. They are both wonderful ambassadors for the sport and I hope that they are around for many more years.

#5 ·
Please, for the sake of our sport, recognize the good guys and gals, but don't deify them. Some forget that as anglers, we are only that. We are not doctors saving lives, or raising people up out of poverty. It makes me sad to go to the shows and watch some guy try and out lefty Joan, in an attempt to flip his own celebrity.
Nice folks? Sure. Good fishermen? You bet! Heroes like fire men, doctors and teachers? Not quite.
I will say that Wulf, Whitlock, and Kreh are great teachers and all mentioned make our lives better. I vote for my mom as my icon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.