Fly Fishing Forum banner

Monomoy Flats

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  bcasey 
#1 ·
Had a great time with Juro, Bob, and Greg out on the flats with these guys. they showed me the ropes of sight fishin'. When started Juro was weirding me out b/c I couldn't see any of the fish he was spotting out. I just could see them. I think most will agree that Juro does have super powers when it comes to sight fishing? But once we got up on the sugar flat it became very clear and the long wait that I had endured for my first striper was finally over! Thanks alot to all you guys who were down fishing in Chatham this weekend I had a great time. Anyone who is interested in doing some Fresshwater Brooktrout fishing should feel free to contact me via e-mail!

#2 ·
You did it with style Aaron - a chunky blondie keeper in 20" of bright water over sugar sand mid-day as your first striper on a fly... pretty amazing!

Now let's talk about those Labrador-style native brookies - sounds like a winner to me. I know you guys are into finesse but I want to try to get a huge brookie on a mouse fly - will it work in your secret spots?

#6 ·
Aaron, That was was a blast to watch you get that fish.
Hey guy's, Aaron tells me on the walk out, "they say when I take my first striper on the fly the freshwater stuff will never be the same, WELL, AARON ??? congrats man, however I dont want to dampen your day, Like that could happen. But, You guys left too soon. Nuf said !

#9 ·
Grego,
Nope, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, it's just taking some time to climb down from the moon after my day on N. Monomoy, what a great day, thank for the company. I paid my dues for several hours after you left untill I was rewarded with some great fish just before the flow stopped.
I'll get this smile off my face soon. Ya right!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.