Fly Fishing Forum banner

Rip Ryder FOR SALE?

2K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  seuss 
#1 · (Edited)
FOR SALE
I saw this on the other board and wondered if any of you guy's had talked with Keith about it? Why is he thinking about selling? He is asking big dollars for the business, I wonder how you could get the money back from the purchase with an asking price so high? Do you guy's who go out with him alot think it is a fair price? I don't know just curious, I have only been on his boat once a long time ago when he only had one boat. It would be a fun way to earn a living in season but you would have to supplement in the off season I would think. I know Keith was a teacher I think so he was able to make it work. I did not know he was working three boats now, he has expanded since I was out there, things must be good with the service if he can run three boats all season.

Mike M.

#6 ·
I wasn't being derogatory just curious. If he can get that kind of money for the business than bully for him I am jealous and congrats to him for a hard won victory with the business. He is a great guy and my one experience out with him left me with a great sense of his devotion and committment to his clients and business. I would guess it would get a bit tiresome after so many years ferrying people to and from in all kinds of weather. And maybe he just wants to move on in life and do something else. I hope it works ut for him and he gets what he deserves, he worked hard to get that business where it is today and he does deserve to sit back and reap the benefits.

Mike M.

#7 ·
I did not see your post that way. I myself would not answer your questions only because I think you can e-mail Keith and he would be more than Happy to give you details... I had no concerns about the deal...only my own personal financial responsibilities... I have been speaking with a "financial partner" lately. But that's all I can say.

#8 ·
John,
I understand your situation and respect your stance just was wondering if anyone had any info they could share. Don't know Keith well enough to email him but I am sure if he wants he will post a reply. That would seem to be a great opportunity for you as you have spent alot of time meistering up the Rip Trips and also alot of time on board his boats to a fro. Plus Monomoy is like your home away from home:D . Would definitely cut into your fishing time though unless you got some Capt. to do the work for you and just collected the earnings:hehe: . Then you could be on every ferry every morning fishing every tide:eyecrazy: . Let me know if you need a guy to run one of them boats for ya, I might be able to find a way to do that in the summer and man to I love the Cape.

Mike M.

#9 ·
I am sure Keith will probably see this and I think you could say you are a forum member and just want some details...I am sure he would give you some... He has listed the deal so it's public and I am sure he would have many inquiries. He has Three boats... and it would not interfere with my fishing... only the time I go.;) . Again...I am only considering it...by looking at my personal situation.. that's all.

#10 ·
John,

Yes, exaggerating. I wish the best for Keith and Ed and the rest of the crew no matter what happens. Mike if you search Keith's posts over the last year you will see there have been a lot of politics about who can run ferries to the island. Lots of grumbling by the locals and Riprider has taken more than their share of guff over it.

I have never taken Outermost and never will as long as the Lincolns are still running the show.

#11 ·
I have had the "pleasure" of meeting Keith only a few times. A finer gent would be hard to find. I hope he does well with the sale and his new adventure. It's our loss for he was more than diligent on the rip trips and other charters I was on. I hope the new "Ripster" will live up to the legacy that Keith leaves behind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.