Fly Fishing Forum banner

Belize

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  nevada caster 
#1 ·
I think I originally posted this in the wrong catagory, so I will try again.

I will in Belize, May 25, to June 24/03. I am looking for some input from someone who is familiar with the area. I have all the proper equipment and a guide lined up, however it would be nice to hear from someone with experience there.

rickwbr

#3 ·
Rick,

I've not been there personally but have fished Ascension Bay in the Yucatan a bit further up the coast. You will be there during prime time for Bonefish, Permit and Tarpon plus all the other reef dwellers so I would go armed to the teeth :D

The guides up an A' Bay love pink charlies and I saw a lot of swimming crabs in the water up there.

Let us know how you get on.

Anyone else have any first hand experience?

#4 ·
Rickwbr..you may not know this but Dick Brown is a member of this forum..you might want to drop him an e-mail..I think he would be glad to help you on location issues. His name here is "marshrunner". and he would have his e-mail on the members list.

#6 · (Edited)
Belize fishing

Ric

I fished Chetmal Bay just north of Ambergis Cay a few years ago and got blew out by the wind. I am going to Belize the first week in May, and planned on a few days in Caulker Cay, 4 or 5 day on Ambergis Cay, and 2 or 3 days in Placentia. Would appreciate what you know about these areas and where you decided to stay, and who you got as a personal guide, etc. My email is jackk@pobox.com

#7 ·
Eddie

Eddie,
I am also planning a trip to Belize in about 10 days. Do you know whether the fishing is worthwhile at Caulker Cay? Is it worth a few days? One of the giuide books that I read sounded encouraging.
I am mostly after bones but will have gear for tarpon and permit. I want to find areas where you can wade with or without a guide and boat. I am really on a scouting trip, trying to find a place I can go to two or three times a year for not too much money.
I fished a bit further to the north in Chetmal bay a few years ago and saw lots of bones but the wind was terrible (it was in March)
TIA
JFK

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.