Fly Fishing Forum banner

Sky's Comin Up

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sinktip 
#1 ·
That was a fun discussion about lines. Thanks Sinktip - I'd never thought of the fatbelly WindCutter as contributing to ice in the guides, but there's an obvious connection. For those fans of the Windcutter - I'm told there's a new and very effective de-icing product on the market that eliminates the ice-in-the-guides phenomenon. I'll post when I get home and look up the product info.

Anyway, I just checked and the river levels are around 2000cfs at Goldbar and rising!! Gotta like that . . . c'mon Weekend!

#2 ·
Brian,

I saw that this morning as well and had to smile. If this were a normal year, I would even welcome seeing it keep going up to the 8-10' level and then look forward to the drop. But with the shortened season, I am hoping it doesn't blow out too badly and waste any the 28 precious days we have left.

Duggan

#3 ·
I think that the rain is coming at a perfect time, not to early so the river just drops back into being piss low and clear again and too late so that ir ruins the fishing for the weekend.
I cant wait!
It looks like more and more I will be floating it this weekend on my first ever at the oars of driftboat trip down a river. Look Out!!!...and please do not be mad if I float over the water you are fishing. It is not because I am rude but because I lost control of the boat. :)

#5 ·
Ryan

I will keep an eye out for the out of control drift boat, as I will be floating it as well. The forcast says heavy, heavy rain tonight so hopefully the river will be fishable. Fished the snoqualmie tonight and noticed that it came up a little as well and had that awsome emerald green color. The big nates are coming and some higher flows should produce some fish.

#6 ·
well I spent a couple days up north this week and a couple hours on the Sky this morning. First light I walked to buck Island water about 3 ft vis. I don't fish the Sky often enough but I didn't like the flow at this level. Temp was 40 at first light. I also fished IRS and BH with out a touch. Anyway I fished till about 10:30 with a couple brief calls to interupt the fishing.

the nicest part was I didn't see anyone else on the river.

andre

#7 ·
For those interested. Some natives are being taken on the Skagit. Two nice natives in the upper teens were caught by friends on Wednesday. I heard of a couple of other natives being caught on the river. I will be fishing this weekend. Hope the wind lays down by tomorrow. I have received my Lochmor Z and will be testing it out. It would be nice to break in a the rod with a big Skagit native.

Let the wild ones go..................

KLS

#8 ·
Hey Y'all,

Andre - you're right, way too much frog water in BI at this water level. Needs to be at least 3500cfs (it's less than 2000 last I checked) for that run to fish well. IRS is OK, but the flywater really changes when the river's down as low as it has been recently. You can almost walk across the riffle at 2000cfs!

Kerry - you're killin me!! Spend the last two weekends on the Skagit - 1 was very good for hatchery fish, the last was a beautiful day for casting. Don't have enough time to get back this weekend, but hope you get a nice 11lb native to break in your Diawa. <g>

Ryan - If I see you in an out-of-control driftboat, i'll know it's you.

Heard a good Sky report recently (the "N" word), too, so that's where I'll be.

Tight Lines!

Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.