Fly Fishing Forum banner

Quebec topos

2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Jim Miller 
#1 ·
Is there something comparable to DeLorme's Atlas for Canadian provinces? I'd love to track down a book of Quebec topo. maps in a 50,000:1 scale or something similar.

#2 ·
1:50000 digital and paper (Tyvec) maps are available at Canadian Gov't ,Natural Resources site , search for Toporama
Same maps, also CD's and superb waterway maps available at Trakmaps.com
Universite du Sherbrooke also has the Gov't digital topo .maps SOMEWHERE on their site.
Also a fun way to view an area is to add a good mesh map into add scenary in Flight Simulator 9 and just "fly" over the area and check it out from the air :cool:
Cheers
Brian

#5 ·
Jim
In all seriousness FS ( and the new FSX ) are not really detailed enough for a"detailed " looksee .That being said ,it's kinda neat to fly down the Grande Cascapedia @ 100 ft and mach 1+ and "scare the piss out the evening anglers" :cool:
Got a great story about a friend of mine that did this on the Saguenay !
Cheers

#6 · (Edited)
Very Funny! :D
up here in the adirondacks.... the fighter jets like to fly up the Hudson River Gorge. Usually (as you mention) 100 feet off the turf and at outragous speed.
Sometimes flying wings in vertical orientation..... pretty awesome. (must be auto pilot mode)

and yes.... I too have had the "stuff" scared out of me while fishing the river :whoa:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.