2K views 11 replies 12 participants last post by  flyfisha1 
#1 ·
:D :D :D :D

:smokin:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Hmmmm...

Rods: Got a Sage. Then got an Orvis. Then got another Orvis.

Reels: Got a Tioga. Then got another pair of Tiogas.

Say what you will but I like Orvis - the rods are quite nice, the guarantee is just fine, and the people I've dealt with have been very helpful and friendly, something I haven't always been able to say about Sage.

:p

#7 ·
So much for the "Guarantee"

guide popped out of the epoxy, so I brought it in for fixing.

long story short, they've had it for two months when they "Guaranteed" me the rod back in "two weeks or less" before the season got underway. to top it all off, they say they have no way to track where it is in the process.

not good.

bought a Temple Fork rod a week ago which is much better and much cheaper. tremendous value. unfortunately, snapped it this weekend on the Lochness monster down on the Cape...but that's another story. Will be sending the rod down to Texas as part of their guarantee. Let's see how fast they are. Will report back.

#8 ·
Jason, I think that Orvis can track your rod. In their defense, they are probably getting 80+ rod repairs a day this time of year. If you asked nice, they would probably give you a loaner on a as needed basis.
I could loan you a 9 or 10 if you needed one ASAP. PM me. Now, let's hear about the "LN Monster"!

#11 ·
I used to be an anti=Orvis guy but i think they've really done a good job turning their products & attitude around.

I use their packable wading boots because I like to feel what I'm walking on & feel it's one of the best cost/ values there is.

Always thought the Silver Label line (rods & waders) was a great deal.

The new T3 I casted last weekend is an incredible rod, self casting almost, I'd buy one if I was in the market & had the cash.

Plus, as Mr. Pink pointed out, they go out of their way every year to donate several thousand dollars worth of equipment for the MV C&R tourney.

I also think the photo is funny as hell.

Roop (also known as Mr. Tioga)

#12 ·
I had a Silver Label 4-wt., good fast action, good for shooting line but not good for roll-casts (duh). Sold it to a buddy when I built my 3-wt. Their rods are nice, but boy, they sure are proud of 'em (pricey)! That goes for their reels as well, particularly their SW models. That's what happens when you rely on fly fishing equipment sales to finance a company that sells everything from backing to boxer shorts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.