Fly Fishing Forum banner

It finally arrived.

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
Not a gold one but still a state pin. Now I have to wait for the mount.

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Greg. I submitted the paper work for a brookie I got two days before Christmas. The minimum requirement is two pounds this one six hours later in the day measured in at four pounds even, 21" length with a 12" girth. A real football. The gold pin winner got one that came in at five pounds 13 ounces.

It was a good day we picked up two Salmon also in the 7-8 pound range.

#7 · (Edited)
kcsmes said:
Sean: What is the Massachusetts award for? Were the fish caught in Massachusetts? 5 pound brookies and salmon in the same day? Sounds more like Labrador. Need a fishing buddy?
The award is for meeting the minimum requirements of the Massachusetts FW Sport Fishing program. And yes the fish were caught in MA.

Here's the link.
http://www.state.ma.us/dfwele/dfw/dfwsfa.htm

Sure we can fish together. Here's a picture to give you some perspective. That fish is laying next to my 9x9 saltwater outfit.

Unfortunately had I known about these records way back when I could have shattered the current state record for a Chain Pickeral x2. When I was about 10 caught one that was just shy of 40" and built like a tank. It wrapped around a 5 gallon pail 4 times and it's head still stuck out. After several days of watching it snag baby ducks I casted into it's lair and landed it on a daredevil. Oh well!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.