Fly Fishing Forum banner

It Must Be May.....DNA sandeels

3K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Slinger 
#1 ·
The schools in! Size 2 Varivas, 3" long. Sea Foam, Chartruse and Carmel over Polar, with a little Midge Flash.
Slinger

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Those a basically identical to the ones I tied and used this summer on North Monomoy....very effective. One will be in the Winter issue of Flyfishing New England. Leon Pisak(sp) has been doing some at the UFT meeting that are without Dumbbells and are "very" fine and transparent...nice job Steve.

#4 ·
Old habits die hard...

And besides that, since Steve has cornered the New England DNA market, I've decided to play around with some super hair...

Steve...at the rate you're tying (lookin'good), I figure you'll run out of hooks just in time for the Marlboro Show...
HAPPY SOLSTICE!

Attachments

#6 ·
Slinger got me thinkin'...

...mixin' some DNA over bucktail...(more body/less philling)
and some pheathers over bucktail...(gotta' use them soonerorlater)

I think the core will present some interesting handling characteristics...
...and I will present them before a Striped Phocus Group in about 130 more daze for some phishy pheedback!

Attachments

#7 ·
Pete, those look great and will work... kinda reminds me of this summer with out trip with Rich Murphy... "Hey John, Howwa about it!!!! You told me 15 minutes ago that you were going to give me one of those flies you are using"....."Pete, don't talk to me right now can't you see I am busy releasing this 7th fish"..

Attachments

#9 ·
Looking into my crystal ball I precieve a warmer than normal winter and an early onset of fair temps. That translates to about mid March for the ice breaker for me, I`ll stick my neck out and predict that the first pajama fish will come over the gunwale on March 19! The no brainer part is that it will come on a 3", yellow bodied, olive over white clouser.
Slinger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.